Reporting to the Board through the Chairman or his/her nominee, the General Manager will be responsible for the managing the daily work of Fencing Ireland, the co-ordination and of Fencing Ireland’s of relationship with Sport Ireland, the Olympic Federation of Ireland, the FIE, the EFC, and the systematic implementation and review of Fencing Ireland’s policies and procedures as required by the Board from time to time.
Duties and responsibilities
The duties and responsibilities of the role include but are not limited to the following:
- Oversee the implementation of the current Fencing Ireland strategic plans.
- Develop a comprehensive marketing communication strategy.
- Responsibility for the co-ordination of the business of Board. Duties in this respect include the preparation of any relevant documentation or reports, and implementing and decisions taken by the Board, in consultation with the Secretary, Chairman, and Board.
- Responsibility for the co-ordination of new programmes and adaptations of existing programmes as set out in Fencing Ireland’s Strategy and Implementation Plan, including those involving collaboration with external bodies or third parties. This includes delivering the relevant actions from these programmes.
- Participation in and/or leadership of working groups and/or project teams as required.
- Undertaking research, producing draft reports and/or proposals that will inform decision making, at the request of the Board and with relevant support.
- Maintaining a high level of awareness of, and familiarity with, Sport Ireland, FIE, EFC and other bodies’ policies and requirements.
- Liaising with the Development Officer to implement any Development Plans approved by the Board.
- Liaising with Fencing Clubs in the scheduling of competitions and the implementation of Fencing Ireland’s goals for Club development.
- Liaising with Coaches in the co-ordination of Coaching activities and the implementation of Fencing Ireland’s goals for Coaching.
- Promotion of Fencing Camps and co-ordination of the Satellite Competition.
- Managing the International Competition Programme.
- Maintaining Fencing Ireland’s compliance with GDPR and Child Protection regulations.
- Undertaking such other duties as may be assigned from time to time by the Board.
Closing Date: 10 April 2019
Informal inquiries may be made to the Secretary of Fencing Ireland Mr. Des Gilhooly firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications should be submitted by email to Mr. Des Gilhooly email@example.com Applicants will be short listed and eligible candidates will be called for interview. A second round of interviews may take place if required.